The Bajali Teachers' Training College was established in 1992. The College was established with the aim to contribute towards research in the field of Teaching and to fulfill the increasing demand for highly qualified manpower in the field of academic institutions as well as the others. The programmes provided under this department were Master of Education (M.Ed.) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Education.
The Bajali Teachers' Training College is situated at Patcharkuchi under Bajali Sub-Divison near 31 N.H. in the district Barpeta (ASSAM).
The College has own building and 08 bighas of land. The college has one office, one principal's room, one library, one Psychological laboratory , one computer room (with two computers) two common rooms for boys and girls and three class rooms. There are sufficient furniture, teaching aids to impart training for the trainees.
Bajali Teachers' Training College, which is now recognized as one of the first grade training College of the state, has been imparting teacher Education since its inception. It has adequate number of Competent teaching staff, a big seminar hall, a good library with all necessary text books and reference books. modern psychological laboratory, computer laboratory, numbers of methods rooms. Separate boys and girls common rooms, multipurpose laboratory, facilities of indoor and outdoors games, cultural activities and facilities of computer Education also.
Mission and Vision
Our sacred Mission is to produce high quality teachers for schools, colleges, universities and other organizations in India and abroad, so as to enhance employment and to provide value education for the new generation.
Goals and Objectives
The following are the goals and objectives of the college :
- To provide teacher education (training) to the Secondary level graduate teachers of the greater region of Assam.
- To create awareness among all concerned about the necessity and importance of teacher education at the secondary level of schooling.
- To work towards improving the quality of teaching and thereby improve the quality of education at the said level.
- To provide professional guidance and expertise to those in need of such guidance and expertise at the said level.
- To instil the spirit of quality-consciousness in all concerned for education at the secondary level.
- To promote socio-educational development in the region by up keeping the supply of trained and quality manpower to the teaching profession at the secondary level.